Following on from our bodyweight pushing movement theme, CrossFit Seminar staff member, James Hobart, demonstrates the Bar Dip. The bar dip is a great way to strengthen shoulders, chest and triceps and is often considered superior to the pushup as it involves moving your entire body weight.
It is also a great precursor to dips on the rings, which we shall look at next week.
Points Of Performance
- Bars set approximately shoulder-width apart
- Full grip on the bars
- Start with arms extended and push down into the bars
- Chest drops forward as elbows move back
- Shoulders descend lower than elbows
- Elbows stay close to the body
- Complete at full arm extension