CrossFit Seminar Staff member James Hobart demonstrates the Snatch Balance, which is a great exercise for developing speed, timing and precision dropping under the bar and strength in the catch position for the snatch.
As with the Overhead Squat, it needs a strong mobility throughout the body and most people would perform this exercise at fairly light weights as a drill until they had developed strength and mobility in the Overhead Squat position.
Points Of Performance
- Stand on feet with hip-width apart
- Bar rests on upper back
- Overhead squat grip on the bar
- Torso dips straight down
- Hips and legs extend rapidly
- Press under so the bar does not move significantly
- Feet move to shoulder-width stance
- Bar is received at the bottom of an overhead squat
- Complete at full hip, knee and arm extension